Help us help the Lakota people at Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota stay warm.
We are looking for donations of cash, space heaters, coats and blankets! Thank you.
HOW TO HELP:
• Click the DONATE button to the right to donate cash directly. 100% of dollars donated go to purchasing space heaters and propane.
• Oglala Lakota, Jackson, and Bennetts counties that make up the 2 million acres of the reservation are the poorest counties in the entire U.S.
• 97% of residents live below federal poverty line
• Unemployment 85% to 95%
• Death rate from heart disease: 2-times national average
• Infant mortality rate highest on this continent – 300% higher than national average
• High death rate due to hypothermia
• Median income $4000
• 60% housing is substandard lacking running water, electric or proper insulation
• Life expectancy, 45-52 years of age
• Over half the population deals with alcoholism